Jobs at Pluto
Publicity ManagerPluto Press is a thriving radical and academic publisher, producing 60 new books a year. We are looking for a publicity manager with at least 2 years experience to work on a diverse list of upcoming titles and on an active backlist.
Essential for this position
- Proven experience of:
- Planning and implementing publicity campaigns;
- Securing reviews and coverage for books and authors in print, online and social media both nationally and internationally;
- Arranging interviews & features;
- Writing press releases;
- Using InDesign and Adobe software to create flyers and promotional materials;
- Setting up bookshop events and festival appearances;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as good author and media relations;
- Professionalism and keen attention to detail, as well as an interest in politics
Desirable skills / experience
- Ideally, the candidate will have worked closely both with scholarly communities &/or activist organisations;
- A wide range of contacts in relevant areas and the drive to cultivate new ones, in mainstream media and elsewhere;
- Maintaining a comprehensive academic and activist conference programme;
- Experience of special sales and e-Book promotion
Based in our Highgate offices, you will work closely with the Marketing Manager and Sales Director.
This is a full-time position in a very friendly informal office. Benefits include 21 days' holiday (in addition to public holidays) and a contributory pension scheme.
Please apply by CV and covering letter stating your current salary (ref “PM/PL14”) to Simon Liebesny, Director / Head of Sales firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Pluto Press, 345 Archway Road, Highgate, London N6 5AA.
Closing date *updated*: 28 Feb 2014
Interviews will be held in early March.