The Philosophy of Antonio Negri, Volume One
Resistance in Practice
Michael Hardt, Sergio Bologna, Kathi Weeks, Nick Dyer-Witheford and others explore the complexity of Negri's thought.
Outstanding contributors – including Michael Hardt, Sergio Bologna, Kathi Weeks and Nick Dyer-Witheford - reveal the variety and complexity of Negri's thought and explore its unique relevance to modern politics. Negri is one of the most sophisticated analysts of modern political philosophy. Philosophers and critics alike find his work both difficult and exhilarating, engaging as it does with Marx, Spinoza, Deleuze, Guattari, Tronti and others.
This book is ideal for readers who want to get to grips with Negri's key themes, in particular his theories on labour, capital, power, the state and revolution. It makes a great introduction to his work for students of political philosophy, as well as providing a comprehensive critical approach for Negri enthusiasts.
Timothy S. Murphy is Associate Professor of English at the University of Oklahoma. He is the translator of Antonio Negri's Books for Burning (2005) and Subversive Spinoza (2004) and the co-editor of both volumes of The Philosophy of Antonio Negri, (Pluto, 2005; 2007).
Abdul-Karim Mustapha teaches at Wofford College. He is a member of the editorial boards of Multitudes and Rethinking Marxism. He is the co-editor of both volumes of The Philosophy of Antonio Negri (Pluto, 2007).
Part I. The Long ’68 in Italy
1. Into the Factory: Negri’s Lenin and the Subjective Caesura (1968-73) by Michael Hardt
2. Negri’s Proletarians and the State: A Critique by Sergio Bologna
3. Feminism and Autonomy: Itinerary of Struggle by Alisa del Re
4. A Party of Autonomy? by Steve Wright
Part II. How to Resist the Present
5. The Refusal of Work as Demand and Perspective by Kathi Weeks
6. Cyber-Negri: General Intellect and Immaterial Labor by Nick Dyer-Witheford
7. Negri by Zapata: Constituent Power and the Limits of Autonomy by José Rabasa
8. ‘Now Everything Must Be Reinvented’: Negri and Revolution by Kenneth Surin
150mm x 230mm