A War Too Far
Iraq, Iran and the New American Century
The implications of war in Iraq, and the possibility of an attack on Iran and its consequences
Examining the delicate balance of power in Iraq, this book explores the options for a US exit strategy, and how the invasion affects America's relationship with Iran.
Paul Rogers explores:
• The neo-conservative vision of a US-dominated Middle East
• The oil link – Iraq's significance in energy geopolitics
• Links with Israel – the development of close military co-operation between the US and Israeli military
• The growing possibility of a war on Iran and its potential repercussions
Paul Rogers is Professor of Peace Studies at Bradford University. His books include, Losing Control (Pluto, 2010), Into the Long War (Pluto, 2006) and A War Too Far (Pluto, 2006).
3. The insurgency takes root
5. The Israel factor
6. Oil and the war
8. Next: Iran?
9. Endless war
135mm x 215mm