Powers and Prospects
Reflections on Human Nature and the Social Order
Series: Chomsky Perspectives
First published in 1996.
Noam Chomsky is one of the most cited scholars in history and has profoundly shaped contemporary understanding of American politics. An ally of anarcho-syndicalists the world over, he has authored numerous books on linguistics, history and politics. He is Institute Professor (emeritus) in the Department of Linguistics and Philosophy at MIT, and Laureate Professor of Linguistics and Agnese Nelms Haury Chair in the Program in Environment and Social Justice at the University of Arizona.
1. Language and Thought: Some Reflections on Venerable Themes
2. Language and Nature
3. Writers and Intellectual Responsibility
4. Goals and Visions
5. Democracy and Markets in the New World Order
6. The Middle East Settlement: Its Sources and Contours
7. The Great Powers and Human Rights: The Case of East Timor
8. East Timor and World Order
eBook ISBN: 9781783717477
129mm x 198mm