Social Reproduction Theory and the Socialist Horizon
Work, Power and Political Strategy
How can we use Social Reproduction Theory to inform political strategy?
Integrating our understanding of productive and reproductive spheres and exploring the connection between identity-based oppression and class exploitation, SRT has emerged as a powerful Marxist frame for social analysis and political practice. In this book, Aaron Jaffe extracts SRT's radical potential, relying on recent struggles, including the International Women's Strike and the teachers' strikes, showing how we can use SRT to motivate socialist politics and strategy.
Using social reproduction theory to appreciate distinct forms of social domination, this unique and necessary book will have vital strategic implications for anti-capitalists, anti-racists, LGBT activists, disability activists and feminists.
Aaron Jaffe is Assistant Professor of Philosophy and Liberal Arts at The Juilliard School in New York. His articles have appeared in Comparative Literature and Culture, Philosophy and Social Criticism, and other journals. He has written chapters in The Bloomsbury Companion to Marx, and Critical Theories and the Budapest School.
2. SRT's Framework for Empirical Analyses
3. Power as Potentiality: The Critical Dimension of Labor-Power
4. The Question of Immanence: The Social Form of Labor-Power Beyond the Traps of Workerism, Ableism, and Productivism
5. SRT or Intersectionality: Classes as Differentiated Totalities
6. The Socialist Horizon of Emancipation
7. Conclusion: SRT and Political Strategy
Hardcover ISBN: 9780745340531
eBook ISBN: 9781786806369
140mm x 216mm