The Myths of Zionism
Scrutinising the roots of the myths of Zionism and mobilising recent scholarship, John Rose shows how many of these stories, as with other mythologies, have no basis in fact. However, because Zionism is a living political force and these myths have been used to justify very real and political ends - namely, the expulsion and continuing persecution of the Palestinians. John Rose separates fact from fiction presenting a detailed analysis of their origins and development. This includes a challenge to Zionism's biblical claims using very recent and very startling Israeli archaeological conclusions.
This book shows clearly how Zionism makes many false claims on Jewish religion and history.
John Rose teaches Sociology at Southwark College and London Metropolitan University.
1. ‘The Bible is our Mandate’
2. ‘The Distinguishing Characteristic of the Jews has been their Exile’
3. ‘…Eighteen Centuries of Jewish Suffering’
4. ‘Us’ Jews ‘Them’ Arabs: A Message from a Cairo synagogue, a thousand years ago
5. ‘A land without people ...
6. …for a people without land’
7. Plucky Little Israel or Great Power Protégé?: Britain & the Zionist colony in Palestine
8. ‘The Nazi Holocaust proved the urgency for a Jewish State’
9. Plucky Little Israel or Great Power Protégé?: How Israel Became a Strategic Asset for the United States
10. ‘Us Jews Them Arabs’: The Lost Jewish Arab symbiosis - in search of the ‘spark of hope in the past’
Conclusion ‘Out of the Ashes’
0mm x 0mm
Read on any device