Race and Sex in Latin America
Peter Wade provides a pioneering overview of the growing literature on race and sex in the region, covering historical aspects and contemporary debates.
He includes both black and indigenous people in the frame, as well as mixed and white people, avoiding the implication that 'race' means 'black-white' relations.
Peter Wade is Professor of Social Anthropology at the University of Manchester. He is the author of Race and Ethnicity in Latin America (Pluto, 2010), Race and Sex in Latin America (Pluto, 2009) and Race, Nature and Culture (Pluto, 2002).
2. Explaining the articulation of race and sex
3. Race and sex in colonial Latin America
4. Making nations through race and sex
5. The political economy of race and sex in contemporary Latin America
6. Race, sex and the politics of identity and citizenship
eBook ISBN: 9781783715374
0mm x 0mm
Read on any device